As mothers, it is imperative to maintain a sense of self and find moments of peace whenever possible. It’s hard to find balance with full time jobs and busy schedules. I’ve compiled some tips that have worked for me when I began to feel stressed and overwhelmed.
1. It’s Ok to Say No-When you’re overwhelmed with kids, work, husbands, etc. don’t pile any extra stuff to your to do list. As women we tend to over extend ourselves by trying to please others. Sometimes it’s important to do what’s necessary but say no to things that aren’t essential.
2. Take Mental Health Breaks-Our mental health is essential to our well-being and it’s just as important as physical health. Sometimes you may need to take a sick day to focus on your mental well-being.
3. Don’t Exert Energy on Other People’s Business-It’s really important to mind your own business! It takes a lot of energy to consume yourself with matters that don’t concern you and yours.
4. Have Fun-At times it can seem like we are caught in a rat race! We are always busy and rushing. It’s important to still have fun. A happy mommy= a happy child. Our kids feed off of our energy and they know when we are stressed, sad, and happy.
5. Practice Gratitude-It’s important to appreciate what you already have before you can rise to the next level. You might not have as much money as you want or the job that you want but be grateful for what you have. Just think, some millionaires would spend their entire fortune to have good health or be cancer free. So if you have good health, it is definitely something to be grateful for!
~Kristle (Kodie’s Mommy)